- The Stipulation and Order of Settlement
- U.S. Attorney Press Release
- The Art Newspaper, July 4, 2010 - "Settlement close on Portrait of Wally case"
- Wall Street Journal, July 27, 2010 - "Portrait of Notoriety"
- Wall Street Journal, July 27, 2010 - "What Is Lost When Works are Trophies "
- Wall Street Journal, July 29, 2010 - "Painting stolen by Nazis goes up at Jewish Museum"
- Art Daily - "Egon Schiele's Portrait of Wally Now on Display - Only Opportunity to See it in the U.S."
The Court Case:
- The Arts Journal, October 13th, 2009 - "Egon Schiele's Portrait of Wally Goes to Trial"
- NY Daily News, October 7th, 2009 - "Judge orders trial in case of masterpiece stolen by Nazis"
- Trust the Leaders Magazine, Winter 2009/2010 - "The Finish Line: Wally Finally Gets Her Day in Court"
Judge Preska’s ruling that sent the case to trial:
Washington Conference on Holocaust Era Assets:
Washington Conference Principles:
Association of Art Museum Directors Position Paper on Restitution of Nazi-Looted Works:
Portrait of Wally
Glad Mr. Lauder has come around! Not sure where he was when Schiele's Portrait of Wally was being held by MoMA. http://online.wsj.com/articles/ronald-lauder-time-to-evict-nazi-looted-art-from-museums-1404076759 In The Wall Street Journal, Ronald S. Lauder writes that some institutions still cling to paintings sought by the descendants of Hitler's victims. Ronald Lauder: Time to Evict Nazi-Looted Art From Museums 3 weeks 3 days ago.
Portrait of Wally
Portrait of Wally screens on Thursday, May 15, at the Georgia Museum of Art: http://burnaway.org/crimes-art/ Egon Schiele’s 1912 Portrait of Wally, “the face that launched a thousand lawsuits.” “Art that cannot rely on the joyous, heartfelt assent of the broad and healthy mass of the people, but depends on tiny cliques that are self-interested and blasé by turns, is intolerable. It seeks to confuse the sou… Film Series: Nazi Crimes Against Culture at Georgia Museum of Art - BurnAway 11 weeks 2 days ago.